Posted March 11, 2015
Written by: Jay-ar M. Arante
Chinese Tourist is still on the second list of this year’s Boracay top vacationer.
This is despite of the current Chinese travel ban to the Philippines.
Based on the record of Malay Municipal Tourism Office (MTour), Chinese tourists for the first quarter of the year particularly for the month of February reached to 15, 406.
DOT Boracay Tourism Sub-Office Assistant Leo Kristoffer Velete said that “the Chinese travel ban last year did not stop their people from coming to Boracay”.
He also said that “the Chinese government cannot prevent the individual tourist to visit the country, but there some cases that they do not allow the group tours”.
Meanwhile Korea still dominated the top 5 foreign tourist arrival in Boracay for this year, the 3rd is Taiwan, 4th is the United States and 5th is Australia.