The guarding and campaign against fire by the Bureau Fire Malay-Boracay is continuous.
This was confirmed by Fire Inspector Joseph Cadag in an interview this morning.
Cadag said that his office is still coordinating with the Aklan Electric Cooperative (AKELCO) in fixing “spaghetti wires” or entangled wires.
Recently, a boarding house at Sitio Lugutan, Yapak Village allegedly almost got burned because two electric wires got in contact with each other on the roof.
Aside from this incident, complaints were received from Balabag for having no electricity since electric wires on an AKELCO post short circuited.
Cadag appealed to residents and commercial establishments in Malay and Boracay to avoid fire all the time.
He added that the program and campaign of the Bureau of Fire is ongoing through inspections to safeguard the life and property of people.