Friday, February 8, 2013


High and heavy smoke alarmed some residents of Sitio Ambulong, Manoc-Manoc on Friday at around 9:30 in the morning, February 08.

The alarm had made residents call the Boracay Fire Department. The call also made the Department respond at the supposed fire scene.

However, instead of a house burning or properties burning, a born fire or leaves and grass being burned was witnessed by the Boracay Fire Department.

According to Boracay Fire Inspector Joseph Cadag, garbage was burning near “Talipapa Bukid” at that time.

Since the burning garbage was wet, it produced a high and heavy smoke which had made some residents frightened.

Meanwhile, it was admitted by a woman named Janice that it was their family which set the fire.

Nevertheless, she added that they were supervising the fire which was near their house.

She also added that to prevent others from being alarmed, those who reported should have examined the situation before reporting the incident to the Fire Department.

Nonetheless, Inspector Cadag advised the residents at the area to be careful about fire.

No comments: