To be known as “2012 World’s Best Island” was something that made the Local Government of Malay glad since allegedly it would result to better tourism in Boracay Island.
However, scattered electric wires attached by establishments at the front beach are considered by passersby as dangerous.
A twenty nine (29) year old male made a complaint on such matter claiming that he was electrocuted on Sunday in front of an establishment at Station 2, Balabag.
Based on the victim’s complaint at the Boracay Philippine National Police, he was electrocuted by an extension wire of a seller of corn. This allegedly occurred around six thirty in the evening after he and his companion went swimming in the sea. In an effort to save the victim, the electric wire was pulled by his companion who was then also electrocuted.
Luckily the victim was saved by the people who were at the area and the extension wire was then removed.
In relation to this, the Department of Tourism Boracay promised to call for a meeting. The meeting would include Boracay Foundation Incorporated, Aklan Electric Cooperative Incorporated, Boracay Chamber of Commerce and Municipal Engineers Office to investigate and come up with necessary action on the incident.