For stakeholders in Boracay to be compliant-that is the yearning that Malay Municipal Planning Officer Alma Beliherdo would like to get across.
The message is in relation to the non compliance of some stakeholders to the ordinances that are being implemented in the island.
In particular, Beliherdo talked about the 60-40 requirement of the Municipality on developments to be made or on the putting up of establishments in the island.
The 60-40 requirement under the ordinance, according to the Planning Officer, means there is sixty (60%) percent development density for the whole property or land area, while the remaining forty (40%) percent is for open space.
Allegedly, during the submission of plans by the stakeholders to the Municipal Planning Office, the submitted plans of some stakeholders are satisfactory.
However, Beliherdo said that the mandate is not being followed.
She added that adding to the difficulty is that the monitoring of the Municipality is not functional that is why there are those who do not comply.
Beliherdo expressed these matters during a recent public hearing on the Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP) for Malay and Boracay.
She hoped that not only the small but even the big developers and investors in Boracay would comply.