The suspect in the estafa and swindling in Boracay, David Kohl, admitted asking for donation for United Nations International Children's Fund (UNICEF).
In an exclusive interview with Kohl by Yes FM 91.1 he said he and his companions are from the marketing department of UNICEF and that they had permit from Kalibo and Malay.
Nevertheless, Kohl said his other companions were already in Manila and he was left in Boracay.
The suspect is now in the custody of the Boracay PNP after two (2) resorts complained since he was not able to pay his obligations.
The suspect emphasized that his bill of more than sixty thousand pesos (P60,000.00+) at the first hotel which complained had been settled.
While for the second resort, he admitted that he was given a chance to pay.
He added though that the second resort was not able to wait which ended to him being detained at the Boracay PNP.
Meanwhile, according to Officer on Case PO1 Jessie Lauz, one of the resorts is determined to file estafa and swindling case on the suspect who is from Batangas street, Manila.
It was learned that the suspect stayed in Boracay resort on February 20 until March 2 of the current year and was not able to pay his bills and cell phone loads at the resort