Friday, June 28, 2013

Taiwanese Tourists, seen to go back to Boracay

It is being expected that Taiwanese vacationers’ travel to the Philippines, particularly to the tourists’ spots such as Boracay, will go back to normal.

This is after the month-long investigation on the shooting incident that cost the life of a Taiwanese fisherman on May 9 and as the Philippine Coast Guard member responsible has already been charged.

Department of Tourism Officer-in-Charge Tim Ticar has previously said that the number of Taiwanese tourists has dropped, as many flights and hotel bookings have been canceled.

These followed after Taiwan raised a travel ban due to the said incident.

Although the DOT hasn't received any official information on Taiwanese tourists’ return to the island yet, Ticar is optimistic that their flow of travel to Boracay will soon be revived.

No comments: